Valentine’s day is around the corner and we are thrilled 😍 to share our latest product updates with you:
🔮 Advanced DeFi support
CoinTracker now supports Uniswap, Lido, Aave and 23,000+ smart contracts. That means no manual editing, no errors—just add your wallet and let CoinTracker take care of the rest. You can also set rules to treat wrapping, staking, liquidity pool, and lending transactions as non-taxable.
💸 Year round value with a single subscription
Users consistently asked us for a single price covering all CoinTracker offerings, including tax calculation, portfolio tracking, and tax reports for all years. We heard you ❤️. We’ve combined our tax and portfolio tracking products into a single subscription that provides more year-round value.
⚡Add Wallet via WalletConnect
You can now add EVM wallets easily in CoinTracker with WalletConnect. WalletConnect supports over 300 wallets like Coinbase, MetaMask, Rainbow, etc. Add your wallet today.
🔍 Search for your wallets
We added a search bar so you can easily find wallets by name or specific chains
📅 Change your cost basis method without affecting past tax years
If you have an Ultra plan, you can pick your cost basis method by year. Changes will not affect past tax years, allowing you to optimize your taxes.
Latest bug fixes and small improvements
- Transactions page displays wallet network associated with on-chain transactions
- Unmark tokens as Spam directly from the transactions page
- ETH staked on Coinbase is displayed as ETH instead of ETH2
- Fixed bug causing some LP tokens to get an incorrect cost basis
- Resolved inaccuracies with fees for Coinbase advanced trade orders
- Tidied up how bridge transactions on Arbitrum are displayed
Hope your 2024 is off to the races! We are excited to share our latest product updates with you:
Native Solana staking support
Tracking staking rewards is easier with CoinTracker. Solana staking rewards received on withdrawing your stake are auto-tagged and included as taxable income in reports.
🏦 Set rules for taxability of DeFi transactions
You can set rules to treat wrapping, liquid staking, liquidity pool, and lending transactions as non-taxable (except if you’re in the UK). Regulations on how to tax them are ambiguous and vary by country, so consult your tax professional before changing default tax treatments.
🤯 Add all EVM wallets in one go
Add all EVM wallets associated with the same address in just one click. Wallets with zero transactions are automatically hidden, significantly de-cluttering the wallets page.
Latest bug fixes and small improvements
- Re-organized tax related settings to make it tidier and easier to find
- Provide more actionable and clearer errors when importing CSVs
- Added haptics in mobile apps for a better user experience
- Fixed bugs causing some Solana transactions to have incorrect amounts
- Fixed Gemini integration to correctly show instant buys
- Tidied up how things look in dark mode and made it more accessible
- Resolved a bug causing tax professionals to pay more for historical tax years
- Shipped an update fixing several small bugs causing NFTs to have incorrect cost basis
The season of giving is upon us, and we’re thrilled to share our latest product updates with you.
🧹 Cleaned up spam tokens
Getting rid of unwanted crypto gifts just got easier. CoinTracker now automatically hides spam tokens for you, and you can also review potential spam suggestions on the Tips page.
⭐ Algorand support is here
CoinTracker now supports the Algorand blockchain. Thank you to our ALGO users for their patience and to Kelly, our rockstar intern who made it happen. Add your Algorand wallet today.
🌝 Add your Moonbeam wallet
CoinTracker now supports Moonbeam wallets. Add your Moonbeam wallet today.
👓 Switch between personal and tax professional views
If you’re a tax professional who uses CoinTracker for personal holdings, you can switch between personal and tax professional views. Things are tidier and better organized, enabling you to make the most out of CoinTracker.
🐞 Latest bug fixes and small improvements
- Shipped clearer and more actionable error messages when importing CSVs
- Resolved transaction errors on Gemini which caused incorrect transactions
- Improved dark mode support for ignored transactions
- Organized tax-related settings together in a new tax setting tab
- Fixed multiple bugs on Solana that improve accuracy of taxes and portfolio tracking
- Resolved cost basis inaccuracies when acquiring multiple NFTs
- Tidied up editing cost basis or proceeds for transactions
- Transactions tagged as lost are now treated as non-taxable for all countries, not just the US
Kick the fright of crypto taxes to the curb this November! With CoinTracker, handling your crypto taxes is all treat, no tricks. Our team is thrilled to share our November updates with you:
🤖 Transactions search with AI
Wondering about your staking rewards over the past week? Our newly introduced AI-powered search bar swiftly sifts through your transactions, bringing you the answers in seconds. Find exactly what you're looking for faster than ever. Search away!
💸 Ethereum validator staking support
CoinTracker now makes tracking your staking rewards a breeze. Automatically monitor your block rewards and beacon chain withdrawals by simply adding your validator’s withdrawal address. Watch your portfolio grow effortlessly with each new reward.
👀 100 transactions per page
Based on your feedback, CoinTracker now allows you to view 15, 50, or 100 transactions per page. This change makes it easier to bulk tag up to 100 transactions at a time, streamlining your crypto taxes.
🔌 New global sync status
Say hello to our new global sync status feature, conveniently placed in your nav bar. Hover over the icon to stay updated in real-time on your data's freshness and on which calculations are in progress.
🔎 Account sync suggestions
We're creating a new section with tips that’ll help improve your CoinTracker account and expedite your crypto tax journey. To start, we've collected any account sync-related issues in one place for quicker resolution. Check out your account tips today.
🤫 Easily add all EVM wallets
Add all your EVM wallets in one click, syncing wallets across Ethereum, Base, Polygon, and more. Now, with a simple toggle feature, you can also easily hide any wallets with no transactions to minimize clutter. Add your EVM wallets today.
🍂 Tax tips for crypto giving
We're teaming up with Endaoment, an onchain giving platform, to demystify crypto taxability and discuss ways to donate digital assets before the end of the year. Join us via Twitter Spaces on November 8 at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET — set your reminder here.
🐞 Latest bug fixes and small improvements
- Resolved a bug causing errors on Nexo CSV imports
- Fixed accounting issues with exchange fees and margin
- Tidied transaction tagging on the mobile app
- Ensured wallets start syncing upon login to CoinTracker
- Improved Gemini integration to accurately ingest instant buys
- Address multiple transaction bugs on Solana integration
- Updated transactions page to auto-load new calculations
- Improved password reset experience for social logins
Happy October! Our team has been hard at work, and we can't wait to share the latest product improvements with you.
Oh, and a little reminder for US taxpayers – the extended tax deadline is on October 16th. Get your crypto tax report today.
Now, let's dive into all the exciting updates 👇
Dark mode comes to desktop and mobile
You now can choose in settings whether to view CoinTracker in light mode, dark mode, or have it automatically update based on your device’s theme. Just in time for fall’s darker evenings.
Coinbase staking and earn coverage
Coinbase staking and earn transactions are now auto-tracked on CoinTracker. Coinbase staking balances will be included in your portfolio, and staking rewards will show up as income in the tax center.
Expanded NFT coverage
We’ve also added support for ERC-1155 tokens on the following EVM chains: Arbitrum, Avalanche, Base, Moonriver, Optimism, and Polygon. So, more of your NFT trades will now be imported and included in your tax calculations auto-magically.
Per-wallet tax loss harvesting insights
Portfolio Pro subscribers can now see tax loss harvesting opportunities split out by wallet (using the per-wallet cost basis method). This enables harvesting more losses surgically, by knowing exactly which wallet or exchange to sell assets from.
US taxpayers: taxes are due October 16
If you filed for an extension or live in a state or county that received an automatic extension, the deadline is approaching. No stress, we’ll help you generate accurate crypto tax reports in a fraction of the time. Get started today.
Collaborate with your tax pro at no extra charge
We heard your feedback and updated our pricing. Now, you can collaborate with your preferred tax professional on CoinTracker, at no additional charge. Invite your tax pro today.
Latest bug fixes and small improvements
- NFT sales on Solana now correctly show as Trades, not as Buys
- Assumed proceeds and cost basis can be confirmed directly from missing price warnings
- It is now possible to edit the cost basis and proceeds for all tokens in complex transactions
- We fixed a bug that caused some OKX imports to fail
- We fixed a bug where tax pages wouldn’t load if an account has no transactions
The IRS just proposed 282-pages of new crypto tax regulations. Our team has sifted through it and summarized it here, outlining how CoinTracker has you covered as the ecosystem evolves. We are also excited to share our latest product updates that make your taxes even easier:
Add wallets seamlessly on mobile
You can now seamlessly add wallets on the CoinTracker mobile apps. We’ve launched a sleeker experience, built specifically for mobile, so you can easily add your wallets on the go. Try adding your exchanges and wallets to CoinTracker today (Android, iOS).
Goodbye spam tokens
No more pesky spam tokens inflating your portfolios. We recently launched an update that fixes spam tokens masquerading as legitimate ones. This fix has automatically been applied to your account, and you’ll see more accurate portfolio balances and transactions. Head over to your dashboard to see it live.
Downloadable tax form links
To protect your privacy, CoinTracker now sends you download links for tax forms rather than email attachments. Pro tip: Save these forms so you can easily refer to them later.
Revamped taxable income section
We have clarified the taxable income section on the tax center. You can now learn more about each category's meaning and how it impacts your taxes. We also added transaction counts so you have additional insight into your income.
Latest bug fixes
- Coinbase orders with canceled fills are now accurately synced
- Wrapping transactions are now detected across EVM chains
- Fees are correctly handled on the CoinJar Exchange
- Tax summaries always use a country’s tax year rather than the calendar year
- You can now manually edit mint transactions to other types
We hope you’re having a fun summer — we certainly did working on these improvements. Here are some of the updates rolling out to CoinTracker:
🤖 Automatically fetch Lido ETH rewards
If you stake ETH on Lido, we’ll now automatically fetch your staking rewards, including historical rewards, and tag them. We’ve also updated our tax plans to avoid nickel and diming you for many small staking transactions. We hope you feel the warm fuzzies watching the steady accrual of stETH in your wallets.
Coinbase Prime integration is live
You can now add your Coinbase Prime account to CoinTracker to track your portfolio and sync your transactions. Start your taxes early and add your Coinbase Prime account to CoinTracker today.
🏖️ Base mainnet integration is live
If you're ready for Onchain Summer, you can rest easy knowing that CoinTracker has the support you need to prepare for the next tax season. Sync your wallets on Base mainnet to CoinTracker to start tracking your portfolio with ease.
📱 Improved transactions experience in mobile apps
Our mobile apps now show outgoing tokens, incoming tokens, and transaction fees. It's also easier to edit, ignore, and tag transactions. Dive into your transactions on the go:
⚖️ Redesigned portfolio performance
See your portfolio’s value, unrealized return, and total return side by side. Selecting a tab shows how performance has changed over time. And while we were at it, we added an explainer for how performance numbers are calculated.
☁️ Easily import CoinTracker CSVs
Importing spreadsheets to CoinTracker just got a refresh. Our CoinTracker CSV format auto-accepts popular date formats, columns can be in any order, and handles extra-long numbers automatically.
- We fixed a bug that caused missing transactions on the mobile app for some users
- We tidied up how CoinTracker looks on iPad
- We stopped the mobile app from crashing when changing country
- We solved an issue preventing Australian users from accessing historical tax reports
- We fixed a bug causing the dashboard to error out for some users
We’re already halfway through the year — phew! Here are some of the updates that are rolling out to CoinTracker:
Balances are now based on your transaction history
One of the most common requests we hear is for manual, edited, and ignored transactions to be reflected on the Dashboard and Wallet screens. Now, all balances are based on your transaction history, including all edits you make. This also means what you see on your Dashboard and Wallet screens are now consistent with your tax calculations.
📰 Refreshed dashboard
The main chart has been simplified on your dashboard, with performance data moved to a new sidebar section. The page also now loads much faster.
See which wallets are holding each of your coins
If you have many wallets, it can be hard to track where you’re holding your coins. Now you can see a breakdown of wallet balances for a given coin. On web, click on the coin’s name to see a list of wallet balances. From there, you can also review your transactions for that coin and wallet.
Balance over time for specific coins
On web and mobile, you can now see your portfolio balance over time for specific coins in your portfolio. Perfect for seeing how your stack is growing, even if coin prices aren’t always going up.
Latest bug fixes
- You can now export a CSV of all your transactions that need reviewing
- We fixed a bug that crashed the mobile app when searching for coins
- We tidied up how coins with very long balances are displayed on mobile
- We fixed an issue where users outside the US saw inflated numbers on their dashboards due to currency conversion bugs
It might be summer but crypto never skips a beat. We had an action-packed month and are pumped to share our latest product updates:
Redesigned price pages:
Want to create a crypto watchlist of your favorite tokens? We have you covered. Check out our crypto price pages, now with fresh designs sure to make tracking the crypto market more fun than ever.
Speedy transaction review:
Our new transaction review capabilities make it easy for you to edit the cost basis and proceeds of your assets. We have added 1-click confirmation for $0 cost basis or proceeds to quickly resolve issues. Additionally, we have improved the edit cost basis and proceeds modals, allowing you to simply enter a price and let us handle the rest for you.
Latest bug fixes:
Our team has also been hard at work squashing bugs so your experience on CoinTracker is more seamless. Here are some of our latest fixes:
- Addressed bug that prevented some BTC wallets from syncing
- Fixed double counting of dust conversion fees on Binance and Binance US
- Improved reliability of margin tagging on the transactions page